Thursday, January 04, 2007

Withdrawls

Cute card from Tasha

Looking at the title of my post you would think I am some sort of addict. Well, I am to diet coke, but nothing else. The past few days I have been a home body. Don't get me wrong I love my home, but find myself getting cabin fever if I do it too often. Also, I enjoy interacting with adults and since Angie's little Maryn came down with a case of RSV she hasn't been walking in the morning. Isn't that sad? I have missed our adult conversations. When I got home from my walk this morning (thank goodness for ipods) I called Angie up and said I have to go some place!! Any suggestions on where to meet? Note, I have also been trying to be more frugal with my lunch outings. Those puppies add up fast. Jenny frugal ummm is that possible? Another goal for the New Year. Chick Fila we decided was the place to meet since the kids could play. I just got a cup of soup and let the kids split a meal. But, most importantly I filled my withdrawl of having a good friend to chat with.

This is an old picture, but I love Angie!

My other withdrawl for the day was leaving my cell phone behind on my kitchen counter. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I didn't have it. Normally, I make all my phone calls driving. Sorry, Hannah I know that is a pet peeve of yours (#34 on your list to be exact). It is the only time it's quiet. I am fortunate enough to have pretty content kids in the car and usually the only noise is the radio. So it is really the only time I talk on the phone to friends and family.
I got the mail on the way home since yesterday it was pouring. These are the days I miss having a mailbox in front of your house. Anyways, I am thankful for late Christmas cards, seriously! So Melanie I vote for you to mailing yours. It's good mail in my book. I received three in the mail and it was such a nice breather from bills. Which by the way are trickling in! I also got the sweetest card from Tasha. It really made my day. Anniversaries are often forgotten, and Tasha made the cutest card. Thanks for taking the time to think of us....it means a lot.
I will have to say I wish we could start fresh with a New Year every week. I have been implementing my goals in my life and what a difference it has made. I am just waiting for some regression.......hopefully not soon. I am going on day 5 without raising my voice and it has been life changing. I hope by making note of it I will remind myself change is POSSIBLE.
I loved reading all of the 100 things about different people. I love that we are all so different and yet so similiar. The question is did your spouses know EVERYTHING? Doug read mine and was stumped on only one. That's pretty good. I would really like him to do one. He didn't know I wanted to do a triathalon. I reminded him that we discussed it, but apparently he has no recollection of it. I may have to post a list part II, on a later date. I didn't realize how much soul searching I did when I was thinking up things about myself. Plus, what a great tool for your kids to look back on. I can't really say I know 100 things about either of my parents or grandparents for that matter. Sad, but true. On a random note, I don't know if any of you go back into old comments that have asked questions, but I do answer them. Just in case you are wondering.
*good deed: mailed out two cards I normally wouldn't have thanks to awareness of good mail--blogging rules!

21 comments:

Angie said...

That is the funniest picture of us, hiking the Y, and we just THOUGHT we were in shape. I love you, too!

I've been feeling a bit on the down side too, with no one to chat with. Hopefully Maryn will be better soon, ot the weather wil be warmer so I on't have to worry about gher getting too cold. Thanks for the Invite to Chick fil A. What will I do after I move and you aren't available at the drop of a hat to go and have lunch? BUT if we are still here in SA lunch will be on ME, so no worries about the lunches adding up.

I'm so impressed with you not yelling. I've done okay but I haven't been perfect. Maybe it is the extra person added to my chaos this week, hopefully that all it is.

Donna said...

Also, I enjoy interacting with adults. I have one really go friend that I call about 3- 4 times a day. She is the kind of friend that if I need to vent, need help, need to go out for a star bucks strawberry and cream or I need a good laugh. I can call her up. She is truly someone that I can always count on. I just need her to start blogging.

Good for not yelling!!!!!!!

Laurie said...

You and Angie look like sisters!

I'm starting to feel a bit of cabin fever too.

I will have to ask John if he knew all my 100. I think he probably knows 95% of them at least, but I threw in some really random facts -like the fact that I'm fascinated by whales - I don't know if he knows that. :-)

Laurie said...

P.S. I'm inspired by the fact that you are already seeing blessings from your goals. Way to go.

Bridget said...

Nice to chat yesterday. I thought we were all on the mend here but now Jim is sick. I am impressed with your no yelling. I have been trying as well. Been pretty good, but not perfect. I will be blogging again soon, once everything is back to normal here, maybe this weekend. I have a lot to catch up on.

Liz said...

Cabin fever is the worst! I'm sure once it actually snows here, I'll be experiencing that same feeling. Thank goodness you've got a friend to help you out!

Jordan said...

I also make most of my phone calls in the car...and have also tragically left the cell on the counter at home before. It seems like wherever you go there must be an "Angie" it is the "Angies" out there that help us survive, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

That's such a cute anniversary card! I also think it's great that you are already seeing results from your new years goals -- how motivating to continue!

My husband said he knew all but one on my list -- the fact that my mom brainwashed us into believing that if we wrote on ourselves we'd get ink poisoning. She didn't like the look of drawing on your hands. My brother and I totally believed her until adulthood. I was impressed that was his only surprise.

Jill said...

I definitely get cabin fever if I don't get out to do something fun or with friends regularly, so I can totally relate to that. I had no idea Maryn has RSV, that's frightening. I hope she's doing better.

That's a cute and thoughtful card from Tasha. I never really think of celebrating other people's anniversaries because I barely celebrate my own.

I asked Randy if he knew everything on my 100 list and he said he did. Maybe when I add another 100 things I'll stump him.

I read old comments all the time.

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful thing having such a great friend is. I love reading both your blogs and seeing how connected you are.

andrea said...

I feel the same about cabin fever. I just have to get out. I wish I were more of a homebody. I love the picture of you and Angie. I can see why people think you are sisters.

Lucy said...

I've been in my house for a couple of days too. I'm trying not to spend money and that is pretty much the only way for me to avoid it:)

Five days in a row without yelling at kids is great. I guess the new years is five days old now. I better get started on my resolutions!

Allison said...

Sorry, you are a little down this week. Hopefully, Maryn will start feeling better and your morning walks with a partner will resume.

Good luck with your New Years resolution if anyone can do it you can.

Buffy said...

You are so fun! I love reading about all of your goings on...the cell phone one is so true for me too. I pretty much get ticked off at myself if I forget it. Talking on the phone in the car is the perfect place for me too. The kids are all contained in seat belts :). You are inspiring me to keep my goals in the fore front of my mind and really get to work on them. Good for you!! I totally believe that you will be blessed for all of your efforts and good deeds. Way to go.

Julia said...

I get cabin fever as well. As much as I want to have kids, I am a little terrified for the seclusion it often entails.

Melinda said...

I love your 100 list. I am amazed at how much we are alike. The OCD, organization, the nose/smell thing, I could go on and on.

You and Angie do look like sisters. I wish we could be neighbors so that I could join your walking group so that I could lose all the weight I have gained with having babies.

I have been in the house all week to and I am going crazy!! I am very impressed that you haven't been yelling. That is something I really need to try to do. It is so hard when my husband is out of town and I am single paretning it.

Anonymous said...

Jenny~
When you get a free minute, will you email me Allison's info please?

Shanks! :)

amy gretchen said...

I don't really get cabin fever as long as I've had time to myself. I've gone a week without leaving the house just fine.

I think it's awesome you have 5 days without raising your voice. Either you have better kids than I or you have a secret I must have. Do share. I could work on this.

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I just wanted to give you a big cyber pat on the back. Five days . . . awesome! You are a rockstar!

Crystalyn said...

i am working on the no yelling thing too...my mom was a yeller and i really don't like the fact that i am too. i have not done so well this week. but my kids and i are all currently sleep deprived which doesn't help the matter at all. i will keep on trying and try to remember you when i want to snap!

i have also loved the 100 things about everyone. when i first read your list i thought we didn't have many similar things then i hit a whole bunch in a row. it seems the things we aren't the same about are things i wish i could be more like. i would LOVE to have a pantry like yours and have all my toys and everything put away before going to bed. i strive for it but don't do it consistently.

i suppose i should comment on each of your posts but am doing it all on this one...but i also wanted to add that i have been inspired by your "good deed a day." it makes me think of the hymn "have i done any good in the world today." what a great way to make a difference. in a year you will have accomplished 365 random acts of kindness. how great is that? i'm joining you! thanks for the inspiration.

Emily C said...

I think i'm on the phoen 99% of the time I'm in my car - i get so bored otherwise.

i love reading everyone's 100 things... I need to do it, but i feel challendged of thinking of that many things... sounds like a great activity to pass the time at church tomorrow! shhh!! hahahah