Monday, March 19, 2007

Time & Stress =Bad combo!

Flat Stanley #53 from Chandler, AZ is hanging with our family this week. He started off on a good note once he was out of his envelope...he was blogging! The time seriously got away from me today. I had intentions of getting up by 6:30am to get the kids ready for school. Had is the key word....umm it didn't happen. My phone rang about 7:33am this morning. It was Angie picking up my kids. Umm we were ALL dead asleep! I bolted out of bed faster than I think I ever have. My kids have to be to school by 7:40am. I think we were ready in record time right before the bell at 7:45am. The 2 hour time difference really hit me hard today. I also was suppose to go visiting teaching. Whoops, that didn't happen either. I feel like I am a disorganized wreck today. My checkbook is screaming my name....you know after vacation it needs to be organized, bills piling, up etc. I am definitely not at the top of my game today. I feel like last week I was on a high and today well, I hit my low. I am feeling overwhelmed with decisions, stressed to the core, behind on so many things I want to do, and am not the mom I wanted to be today. I am hoping time will be more on my side tomorrow! Calagon take me away!!

I did manage to go through my stack of mail. So many thoughtful things were sent my way. I couldn't leave them unnoticed, so here they are:


Kristi sent a cute diet coke post card. (she used the back of the box). So creative!



I was struck with green good mail from Chanel.
Mint chocolate andes mints--some of my favorites!


A thank-you card from Bridget

A sweet package from Mandy, which included
ribbon, flower notepad, and darling foam flowers.

A recipe exchange from Janet & Bridget
How funny I got them both in one week.

A fun Easter card from Bridget.
I was feeling the love from B this week.
Thanks everyone!


good deed: let two cars in heavy traffic today when I was out.

13 comments:

Lucy said...

Getting home from a big week like that is always stressful. Add fatigue from car travel and voila...stress!

I'm sure you'll be up and at em with only your best soon enough. Give yourself a few days and know that someone up north is rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

Flat Stanley-that is hilarious-who did you get him from??? Glad you took a picture with him.

Don't worry about today-you'll get better this week-I would have overslept as well! You guys are probably still all pooped and will take a few days to catch up!

Angie is such a great friend! You guys are so lucky to have friends like the Gordon's. Tell them that they should move out to Arizona for sure!:)

Kari said...

I hope you have a better day tomorrow. First day home from vacation tends to be that way!!

Amy said...

ahg..I can relate to post-vacation lows. It always takes me a while to get into gear after relatively carefree traveling days.

Anonymous said...

It is so hard to get into the groove of normal life again after a vacation, and with a 2 hour time difference -- ugh! Tomorrow will be a better day, I'm sure.

Nice to find some good mail in the box when you returned home!

Kelly said...

I wouldn't have even sent my kids to school if it had been me. Getting them there on time? You are Wonder Woman. I didn't send Quincy, getting her grumpy self up and hair brushed would have put me over the edge. Have a little Diet Coke and you'll be at the top of your game by Friday for sure!

I had the post vacation blues today too. So I did nothing! Now I can have the post post blues tomorrow!

Jordan said...

At least you let two cars in!! Hooray for tomorrows! Good luck.

michelle said...

I have had morning like that...not fun! It will get better. I am sure that you have to be so tired. I know that when we come home from vacation, I always feel like I need another vacation. :) Have a great night.

donna said...

BOY do I have days like that!!!!!! Don’t worry, it will get better. It is hard getting back from a trip and trying to get every think back to order.
I hope you have a great night,

Buffy said...

It's the worst getting back from a long trip the day before school starts again (Monday). Everyone is dragging and miserable. I hope you are able to slowly get back into the groove so you can feel better.

Kristy said...

Oh man, I hate days like that. It seems like when you wake up late it just throws the whole day off and you always feel a few minutes behind. I hope today starts off on the right foot!

Jill said...

It's hard to come back from a trip, especially when the time difference goes against you. I hope you can shake it off and get back in the groove. Score on the good mail!

Angie said...

Sorry for the too late wake up call. I considered calling earlier just to make sure you were up and at em', but knowing hoe on top of things you are, I figured you were up and going.

Hope you get back to yourself soon. Sorry it has been rough.