
Today is the kick off of Fiesta here in San Antonio. The best description would be a Mexican Mardi Gras minus the throws. We haven't ever attempted the Riverwalk due to parking, and my kids refuse to go to look at cool floats if there isn't any perks to it. (beads, etc.) Last week as I picked up Luke from school the teacher reminded all the parents about the Fiesta parade they would have at school today. The instructions I got for the homework assignment (well Luke's project) was to decorate a box. That is it, no elaboration, just a box. You would think after living in San Antonio for 5 years I would understand what I was supposed to do. Nope, wrong. Taylor and I decorated this LAME box in the above picture. I even put a handle on it so he could carry it around for his parade this morning. I knew the colors I get points for that, but after seeing what everyone walked in with I couldn't help feel so lame. Oh, well Luke didn't really care and I know exactly what do do for next year right?

I couldn't believe how elaborate some of these floats were. These kids went all out even with Mexican dresses (or should I say the parents?) I wish I could have gotten a better picture, but the kids were walking a bit too fast. Why didn't I think of decorating a car or pull toy. Genius! Duh! So today I will be labeled officially lame mom. Good thing I am reading this book. It make you feel like you are a good parent if you try. I am just almost done with it.

If you haven't checked out this book. I would highly recommend it. It is a dad's experience on staying home with his children for the summer while his wife worked. I can relate to so many things and I'll admit he has had me laughing out loud a few times.
good deed: recycled--are you ready for
tomorrow?
14 comments:
OH how fun. When we lived in Oklahoma we went to San Antonio for the Fiesta. We went to the Riverwalk. FUN FUN!!!!
Great pictures. Have a wonderful day.
I have read that book too and loved it! I really liked the idea of the FRIDAY BOX, but I have yet to implement it!
Good try on the box and thanks for the suggestion on the book. I love looking for new books!
You're not a lame Mom! You are a very cool mom, even if you didn't think to decorate a pull toy. What is fiesta?
Don't be so hard on yourself. You called me and I had no advice for you. They should have been better at telling you what to do, being a first-timer at the school and everything.
I have that book and really enjoyed it.
that sounds fun! and you are not a lame mom. (but you already know that!!)
Argh! Blast those projects that turn into parent competitions! We lived in the mother of all Stepford neighborhoods in Dallas, where school projects were done by the art department at the parent's offices. How to know your first time?
If Luke didn't notice then no one else did either because they were all too busy looking at their own little prince or princess.
Love that your kids are parade snobs after living in N.O. I'm with them, if you aren't going to get something for it (I like candy better than beads) then why go?
Happy Fiesta!
What a fun little activity! That book looks great...I will have to get it!!
Well the instructions said box and a box you did. How were you to know all the other kids would have elaboratly decorated pull toys?
Looks like a fun time. I'm always up for a fiesta!
Ah, Jenny don't beat yourself up over the box. You didn't know, so next year will be the year of the box right? :)
THat book sounds good, I'd like to read it sometime!
Don't feel lame! Luke didn't care, so neither should you. Next year you'll know what to expect -- that's kind of crazy! Hope you're having fun with Fiesta!
Sounds like a fun day, you are not a lame mom! Thanks for the book suggestion, I am always looking for a good book
Ready for tomorrow? I'm honestly struggling with this SPT.
Lame mom? I think we pretty much all fit that bill at times (if only in our own minds). Thanks for the book recommendation!
At least you didn't forget. He looks so cute.
Thanks for the book reference.
Post a Comment