Wednesday, January 03, 2007

100 Things

Several girls on their blogs have written out 100 things about themselves. I decided to do the same. It was kinda fun to sit and think about all the things that represent you. If you haven't done so, I really recommend doing it. Do you know me??

Some things about me:

1. I was 20 lbs heavier when I got married than I am today.---Yikes!!


Our First Christmas Card
Sundance, UT

2. I use Bag Balm antiseptic for everything.
3. I tried out to be a Cardinals cheerleader, Phx Suns dancer, Rattlers cheerleader and BYU Cougarette. (I guess I was a bit ambitious in my younger years?)
4. I have a super sensitive nose and have a fetish for smells.
5. I hate to read, but love buying and getting books.
6. My least favorite part of me is my hair.
7. I can flare my nostrils.
8. I cried when I found out Taylor was a girl, I wanted a boy. (but glad I have one daughter!)
9. I am OCD and have to pick up my house each night before retiring to bed.


I know, I know anal!

10. I am not only a clean freak, but overly organized so much I feel I am nutty! (I inheirited both traits) and they really are completely different.
11. I enjoy doing our yard even though my husband offers to do it.
12. I am always cold even if it is 80 degrees outside.
13. I sucked my two fingers until I was 12, had buck teeth, and got a thumb bar inserted in my mouth.--ouch!
14. I HATE cats.
15. I get headaches from plain m&m's or eating too much chocolate.


Ahhh, to have a shiny ring again.

16. I love my wedding ring because it is very simple even though my husband hates it.
17. I am not very book smart--I scored a 15 on my ACT's in highschool. (that's beyond bad!!)
18. I am claustophobic
19. I have fetish about long nails and have to have short toenails and fingernails.
20. I am terrible at math and oddly am the finance person in our family and seem to do it okay. 21. I love the newborn stage and nursed all of my kids.--miss that!
22. Growing up my dance teacher Laurie always told me I would marry a doctor--ironically I am putting one through school.
23. When I was little I wanted to be an olympic swimmer. I swam all year round until I was 13.
24. I love to perform if it pertains to dancing.
25. I cannot carry a tune or have any clue about music.
26. I love and collect stickers.
27. My eyes are sometimes green and sometimes blue, it depends what I wear. They are hazel.
28. I love vanilla scented candles.
29. I eat chips ahoy cookies and milk EVERY night before going to bed.
30. I used to NEVER exercise until last year and now can't imagine not doing it.
31. I am a picky eater. Luckily, Doug has changed me to be more open minded.
32. I love doing hair and wish I went to beautyschool.
33. I don't enjoy watching sports on t.v., but do like seeing them live.
34. I don't have a problem with talking to people I don't know.
35. My nickname in highschool was "dolly" because of my bust size and hated it. (you would never know it now).
36. I wore braces for exactly 13 months and had the same orthodontist as my dad. (Dr. Garn)


This is the dog I would get if I had one.

37. I love dogs, but don't really want the responsiblity of owning one.
38. I often dream about winning 1 million dollars and think about what I would do with it. (I know, totally unrealistic)
39. I want to travel to New Zealand and Austrailia.
40. I love living in the hot climates.


We sold it the day after Weston was born.

41. I miss our Geo Prism because it reminds me of when we were dating and first married.
42. I often stress about money.
43. My favorite fast food restaurants are Chick Fila and Subway.
44. I love diet coke from Sonic.
45. I call my grandma in AZ EVERYDAY.
46. I always hang up with "I love you" to my family on the phone.
47. I don't like contention and avoid it like the plague.
48. What I remember most as a kid is drinking Pepsi and eating macaroni and cheese. (Yuck!)
49. I collect magnets and have one every place I have traveled.
50. Growing up I never went to church or had a faith, I converted to LDS when I was 19.
51. I can't stand the noise of t.v., but love music blarring in my house.
52. My favorite music groups are Better Than Ezra and Bare Naked Ladies.
53. I wish I liked to drink water.
54. I NEVER wore makeup until 2 years ago.
55. I love rollercoasters, but have a fear of heights.
56. I love flowers, but hate spending money on them--tulips are my favorite.
57. The clothes in my closet are color coded and my husbands collared shirts all go one way.
58. I have never had surgery or broken a bone.
59. Harry Potter books are my favorite books to read.
60. I was a pre-nursing major in college, but graduated with a B.S. in psychology from BYU.
61. I hate any type of breakfast food--and never eat breakfast.
62. Clowns frighten me thanks seeing to Poltergeist as a kid. (4th of July weekend opening nite)
63. I wish I took better care of my skin-but I love to lay out in the sun.


64. I have always wanted four children.
65. I love my husbands laugh and feel it's contagious.
66. My favorite outdoor activity is going to the lake and waterskiing.
67. I wish I had good handwriting.
68. I had a horse named Snickers when I was little (I named him after my favorite candy)
69. I like the smell of WD 40.
70. I didn't wear glasses or contacts until I was 22.
71. I love to cook, as long as I know what I am cooking.
72. I have driven a fork lift and trackor.
73. I hated cultural arts until I lived in New Orleans and now want a Blue Dog painting.
74. I want to someday visit Washington D.C. and New York City.
75. I have ran (3) 10K races.
76. I know how to cut and piece a quilt together--thanks to Mindy!
77. I love my house to be clean, but could care less if others are messy.
78. I am not hard to please (at least from my viewpoint).
79. I smell my pillow to go to sleep at night and take it on vacation with me.
80. I want to learn how to play the piano.
81. I am not very creative, but am good at copying ideas.
82. I fantasize about having a large laundry room and a big walk-in closet. (california closet to be exact.)
83. My favorite perfume is Lauren and Beautiful (I still have the bottles from h.s. and wear them.
84. My favorite lotion is Cherry Blossum or Coconut Lime from bath & body works.

Jenny & Courtney

85. I have known my best friend since I was 9.
86. I love Chuy's tortillas dipped in creamy jalapeno.
87. I hate eggs and seafood, but like tunafish. Go figure.
88. I have not lived near my family in 11 years.
89. I am not afraid to die, but fear how I will die.
90. My favorite colors are pink and ice blue.
91. I like to be goofy and laugh with my friends.
92. I live off of wheat thins and club crackers.
93. I hate my name and wanted it to be Ashley when I was younger.
94. I smell the top of my hand when I am tired or nervous.
95. I hate getting massages, but love pedicures.
96. I have a goal to do a triathalon someday.


Mom & Dad C.

97. I love my in-laws as much as my own parents.
98. I am a quick learner, but hate instruction manuals. I am all about hands on learning.
99. I worked for V.M.S. and transcribed the local news from home to make extra money during medical school. (still wish I did that).
100. I love documenting my day by taking pictures and journaling about it.

*good deed: entered Doug's case logs in computer.

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, another list! I loved reading yours. I think EVERYBODY went to Dr. Garn! I love that you call your Grandma every day. That is so sweet. I need to call mine more often - a goal for the new year!

everything pink! said...

#74.... well girl you know who to talk to when you do.

i made mine last night. it is like some kind of therapy. just don't know if i have the guts to post it.

Jessica said...

i love your list! i can relate to so many things on here! i just might have to make a list myself... :)

melanie said...

Great list Jenny! I learned so much about you even though I have been reading your blog for many months.

The large laundry room should be at the top of my list too and I love my own pillow, it goes everywhere with me!

Kristi's right it is some type of therapy. It felt good when I finished last night!

Amie said...

Wow - you are interesting. I felt sort of boring when I finished mine. It is fun to read so many things about you. I am kind of sad when I get to the last item on everyone's list.

Anonymous said...

What a great list! I loved reading it...and I loved the things you told us about.

I'm like Amie, I was sad to see the list end and found things so interesting.

I would have never guessed you never exercised until a few years ago...never. You look like you've always exercised. I'd have never guessed you graduated in pyschology, either. I'd have guessed something exercise based!

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

What a fun list Jenny!

And did the Lucy that posts on your blog go to our same BYU ward? She looks familiar...

Kristen said...

Loved your list! So funny that your nick name was Dolly! We are so alike in so many ways! It seems I think that after every list I read! It's so great!

Laurie said...

Wow. I learned a ton about you and it was fun. I love Bag Balm and want to travel to the same places. I also think it's neat that you loved nursing. I have found it to be wonderful but difficult.

Laurie said...

Forgot to mention I love to collect stickers too.

becca said...

I just love this list idea, it is such a fun way to get to know so many people! What is bag balm?

Your list was great, I too love Diet Coke!!

jenny said...

Becca-It comes in a big green can and is used for diaper rashes etc. It's an ointment. I mainly use it for chapped lips and dry skin.

Liz said...

Jenny, the dolly nickname totally cracks me up! I really enjoyed reading your list, even though I know you, it was still fun to learn more about you! I'm in the process of making my list, but keep getting interupted. It has been so fun to read everyone's lists!

andrea said...

That was so fun to read your list. I loved the cheerleading stuff. My Sister in law was a cheerleader for Berkely when she was married and had two kids. It only lasted a year since it was so hard to travel, etc.

Kari said...

I totally don't believe that about the "Dolly" thing! You must show pictures to prove that!!

And how could you hate your hair, what is there to hate about it? I love your hair!!

That is SO great that you talk to your Grandma *every* day. How do you find time to do it.

You're a convert? How did you find the church?
So fun to learn more about you!

Doodle Bugs said...

I loved reading your list! Thanks for posting yours too!! I have not listened to Better than Ezra in years.. brought back lots of memories!

Donna said...

It was fun to learn so much about you. I wanted to be a Phoenix suns dancer. But I was too scared to try out. I hate cats too!!!!!!!!

amy gretchen said...

Such an interesting list. It has been so great to learn more about you.

I'm so sorry you get headaches from chocolate. I don't know what I'd do.

I scored horrible on my ACTs too.

I was always jealous of my sister who collected sticker when we were children.

I find it so interesting that you travel with your pillow because you love the smell.

Anonymous said...

A Mesa girl? or perhaps a different Dr. Garn. I'm traveling from site to site reading lists tonight. Yours cracked me up. You must have amazing skin to have just started wearing make-up! I envy that. I also envy that you're thinner now than on your wedding day.

I love the picture of your kids...so cute.

Lucy said...

How fun was that to read? You are such an interesting person. 100 things...that would be a challenge. Nice work.

Angie said...

Great list. I thought I knew most things about you but was surprised by a few...I didn't know you hated your hair, why? We scored about the same on our ACT's, I'm so stupid! Am I in your dream whenyou win a million dollars? hehehe WD40? YUCKY! I've seen you with the nack of your hand up to your nose, but never knew you were doing that because you were nervous or tired. I want to do a triatholan, too. Have we talked abou tthat before? The swimming part would probably kill me.

I've started my list, but am searching for old pictures to scan to post with it. I thought it would be hard to think of 100 but I thought of more so will have to eliminate some.

Anonymous said...

I have loved reading all the lists. Yours was so fun and informational, I keep thinking of my 100's and the goofy things that make me...me. Thanks for sharing.

Chanel Palmer said...

...And I thought I knew you. I know you say that you don't mind when other people's houses are dirty, but you failed to mention that you just start cleaning them out of habit. I miss living next to you. Stickers- I never knew.

Buffy said...

I loved your list. I could relate to many on your list. My husband would be giving you "high five" on your Chips Ahoy and milk before bed every night. He is the same!! So fun!!!

Jill said...

How seriously do you collect stickers?

That's kind of funny about smelling the top of your hand when you're tired or nervous.

I can't believe you have the same bottles of perfume from high school!

jenny said...

Dana-Lucy is Doug's roomates sister from BYU. She wasn't in our ward, but maybe you know her from classes?

Jill-I am actually sad they don't make the stickers like they used to. I have many from my childhood still. I collect holiday stickers or really any kind. I just love them!

Kari-I looked for a picture with me, but--you'll have to trust me on it. Also I wrote out my conversion story, so you can click convert on the post.

amy s.- Yes I am totally a Mesa girl and a former Mtn. View toro!

All your comments crack me up....isn't it funny when you think you know a person and you really don't?

Price Cream Parlor said...

Jenny - hey I am Anna's sister and just wanted to say Hi! I love your list!

angela | the painted house said...

It is funny that you listed "I HATE cats," because I was thinking the other day why would someone hate cats. Dogs, I can understand. They lick, jump, stink, all when you don't want them to. I wondered, what does a cat do to make someone hate 'em? Can you guess what kind of pet I have? :) Try not to be such a hater...they really are so sweet! :)

Anna said...

Great list and a fun read.

sista # 2 said...

Fun list. I'm another sister of Anna's. Went to Dr. Garn for my last year in braces -as I had moved from CA. His son (& his son's wife)was in my class of '89.
Now he is Dr. Garn!

I smiled big when I read you phone your g.ma every day! wow!! how sweet is that!!! For both of you.
-ciao

Crystalyn said...

love your list! it's so fun to read these and feel like you know someone better. we should all do one about every 6 months or so. i had fun doing mine and now think about things a little differently like i'm continuing a list in my head. silly! i too hang up with "i love you's" with my family and my husband says that i smell things that aren't even there. so sad you get headaches from chocolate, although that would probably help me out a lot these days! i too wanted to be an olympic swimmer and trained until i was about 14. my coach competed in the olympics! and (i even put this on my list and then changed it for something else) i don't really care to watch sports on tv but like going to games. i was also a prenursing major at byu until i took organic chemistry. i could go on...

i love your conversion story. that is awesome.

Amy said...

Jenny, I'm a Mtn View toro, too. Graduated 1992. Very cool...oh, the things you discover in blog world.

Amy said...

I'm so loving these lists! I'm feeling inspired to do mine, but fear that mine will just seem like a compilation of everyone else's. Thanks for sharing!

annalisa said...

Clean and organized are different. Thank you! I had a friend in high school call me anal retentive (not without just cause).
Rollercoasters have nothing to do with heights. Ferris wheels are scary. I want to run a triathlon too. Soon, hopefully.

Anonymous said...

SO fun to learn more about you! It cracks me up that you smell the back of your hand! I had to smell mine, too, when I read this about you! I love my in-laws, too. Aren't we lucky girls to have such great ones? DO the triathlon, Jenny! You would rock that sort of thing! Go for it! I love the picture of your pantry. Please come get mine to look like that!

You're wonderful, Jenny!