Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Starting off on a good foot



I am beginning to think that good friends can read each other. Almost to the point it's frightening. Angie dropped off a sweet bag of goodies today. She went WELL overboard and said it was a Happy New Year gift. I have been craving tootsie rolls all week. I even went down to her house yesterday to steal a couple for my craving. I am kinda weird about tootsie rolls, I like the bigger ones. I feel like the tiny ones just are too much of a pain to open and you have to eat a ton to be satisfied. She also included a darling shirt, stash of braclets and charleston chews. Yummy. Thanks Ang!


I was determined to start off my week on a good note. Since I am taking the challenge of doing a small deed for someone each day I did just that. I have an inactive member that is in my visiting teaching route. Ironically, she lives just down my street. I noticed when I was calling for my v.t. appointments today I spaced her birthday! What a lamo. I love the graditude journal Allison made me last year and so I decided to maker her one. I happened to have a blank book and covered it in some fabric. In the article I read yesterday it says to document it each day so you can look back on it. I think each day I am (probably not going to photo it) but will make a little note to myself at the bottom of each post.

I think I have a long way to go working on my goals. It's a good thing there are 12 months in a year right? I have made extra efforts to not raise my voice and have done so for the past three days. I hope I can continue to do that. Jared was really pushing my buttons today! I managed to bite my tongue though. The kids and I played a few games (uno attacks). That game is so fun, and much better than the older version. I also made an effort to get out some of my scrapbooking things, but haven't had the time to sit down yet. Maybe tomorrow when the kids go back to school. I am looking forward to the normal routine again, but I think I am in for a rude awakening of getting up early. Until tomorrow...........

13 comments:

Lucy said...

I totally agree about the small tootsie rolls. Although the midget ones are a little fatter and worth the effort. You get a good chew there:)

I'm impressed with your ambitious "good deed" resolution. You will, no doubt, touch many lives this year with your service no matter how great or small. Way to go with your good start.

becca said...

I love tootsie rolls and prefer the big ones too!! Except that I LOVE the vanilla flavored ones that only come out a few times a year!

Your good deed resolution is so great...if I thought I could keep it I would have done it as well...unfortunatley I know myself!

Buffy said...

How sweet of you to make that sister a gratitude journal. She will enjoy that and feel so cared about. What an example you are to all. Thanks for motivating me.
That was so nice of Angie to give such a fun package. It is so nice to have good friends that know us so well. The big tootsie rolls are the only way to go.

Jill said...

Congrats on coming through with a good deed today! It's too bad you spaced her birthday, but I'm sure she's not expecting anything so she'll love the gratitude journal.

How sweet of Angie to bring you a good mail express delivery.

Angie said...

Glad I could cure your Toostsie Roll craving. I've had the bracelets since I went on my weekend trip to Frisco, but have been loovking for a cute shirt to match at least on eof them. I never found what I was aiming for so I just picked up, what I thought was a cute shirt right before Christmas.

I'm so excited about your good deeds. I'm sure you will so great at doing things each day even if they are the little things you do for your kids, like playing games today.

I'm glad you got off on a good foot. Three days without yelling would most definitely be a record for me.

Kari said...

Yes, I too need to work on not yelling at my kids!! And I'm with you on the Uno Attack, I don't mind playing it with my kids. When I was a kid, I loved playing games. But now as an adult, I don't get into it nearly so much unless it's with other adults.

My kids don't go back to school until the 8th. I'm sure it will be a rough one for us when we get back into a routine!!

Anonymous said...

That's a sweet gift to give the girl you visit teach! That's a great idea to give someone. I'm sure she'll love it. Definitely a good deed!

My kids are supposed to go back to school tomorrow, too (unless they are still sick). I'm with you on dreading the early wake up call!

michelle said...

I am feeling ready for the return to my regular schedule, too. If only that didn't mean the end of leisurely mornings...

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful goal--to do something kind each day. Happy New Year Jenny!

annalisa said...

I love Uno Attack!
I've had the best few days with Alexis and I haven't raised my voice. They're probably a correlation there.

Laurie said...

I really like the good deeds goal. I am going to post about what I am going to do with all the positive things I do this year - stay tuned.

Donna said...

Wow I love your good deed resolutions. Wonderful idea. You have such a great friend. Yummy tootsie rolls.

Amie said...

I am a little jealous of your good deed project. I would like to do it but I think I have already taken on more than I can handle right now. I do want to make an effort to be more thoughtful and follow through with my good deed thoughts.

When I miss a few days on your blog I am always amazed at how much a have missed.