
I racked my brain for an entire week and really couldn't think of a lucky charm that I carry around or have used during my life. This morning it dawned on me....I do have something lucky. I have had this comb or pick since I was in 6th grade. It is my hairs best friend. The more I thought about it, I haven't ever combed my hair (when it was wet) with a brush. For some reason I just can't. It just doesn't seem to get the rats out like my comb. I got this comb at the Phx Swap meet shopping with my grandma when I was around 11 or 12 years old. Definitely a $1 well spent. It has brought my hair to so many different places and occasions. Just to name a few, the music awards 3 times, several weddings (mine included), 4 trips to the hospital (for the birth of my kids), and several more....you get the picture. And who couldn't love a lucky charm that makes your hair feel like this:

I felt silly flicking my hair, but thanks to my blue friend I am able to do this everyday! One other thing that also comes to mind is eating Lucky Charms. I haven't had a bowl of it in years, but it used to be my favorite cereal as a kid. So you know what I did yesterday? I went out and bought a box just to relive a good past time. Thanks
Lelly---and yes, they were magically delicious!!

Just in case you need some extra luck today, I read these facts on the back of the box. If it holds true I should get some pretty good luck today.
purple horseshoe: speed
rainbow: travel
balloon: float
heart: life
moon: invisible (I really could use this luck!)
shooting star: flight
clover: luck
pot o' gold: illumination
Factoid: since I have eaten these they have added 2 extra charms--ummm what will be next?
good deed: read scriptures
37 comments:
That was an adorable post! The hair flick was star quality!
How in the world did you get that hair flick shot so perfect? I'm truly awed by the skill. Adorable post, indeed. I love your personality that shines through. I love that you can be an invisible, luminous traveler today thanks to your Lucky Charms.
You never know what you will carry forward with you, and I agree that some personal items that have come along for the ride of life start to symbolize all the special events they've attended. I loved the hair flick picture. Were you holding your camera at the same time? That would take some serious coordination and balance.
Yep, I was holding the camera I have what is called an image stablizer on my camera. It does wonders, especially with wiggly kids.
Oh Jenny, I LOVE it!! I used one of those combs for a LONG time on my hair as well. Now I use a pick!
Gotta LOVE that picture of you flipping your hair!!! CUTE!
this post is magically delicious! a lucky comb! i love it.
Very fun post. Cute pics....gotta love the hair flick shot. :D
Not only do you make yourself laugh I get to laugh too.
I'm so glad you thought of your comb. Going to your wedding and all four births' of your kids is definitely lucky.
I love the hair shot. I need a button that will allow me to take pictures more clearly. I may even have one, but who knows since I've never read the book on my camera.
Can I be invisible today, too?
I have this same comb that I got in my stocking at Christmas in middle school. I love it and still use it everyday. I guess Santa shops at the Arizona swap meets.:)
Your hair flying around was classic! Too cute! Love that you have had that comb for so long. My Mom has a silver comb - like metal - that she has used since I believe she was in college. She panics if she thinks she has lost it. Too funny!
That's quite the photo of your bouncing and behavin hair, sassy. I'm loving how varied these posts are and that your lucky item is a comb...go figure.
Jenny, this is too funny! I have this exact comb only in pink. I've had mine since high school! I've looked for one like it to replace it, but no such luck! I guess I will be keeping mine forever! :)
I love the flick. You can do a hair commercial. I also had the same comb, LIZ my was pink too :)
You crack me up! So funny that you bought the box of cereal (I haven't had that stuff since I was so young!!) Love the pictures and I am AMAZED that you have been able to hold onto that comb for so long. I replace brushes and combs ALL THE TIME, they just seem to dissapear!! Great post!
That comb pic totally brought me back to the day when teal and hot pink were such a cool/hip combo...I love it! I also have the same comb/pick for years. I can't even remember the last time I used an actual hair brush!
Funny post Jenny, I have the same comb! I have had it forever, though maybe not quite as long as you.
Think of all the miles your comb has seen!
Fun post to read! Your pictures are so cute and clever!
It's funny the simple things we grow attached to. May your comb bring you many more years of enjoyment (and luck)!
I love your flying hair picture. You have that Pantene commercial thing going for you!
Love this post and your lucky item. The hair flick picture is oh so appropriate.
This was the funniest thing I've read all day! Nice work!!
CUTE! -ciao
What a cute post! I remeber that Phx. swap meet. I think I was there about 15-18 years ago! Love the pic. of you flipping your hair.
You are too cute! What a fun post. I never really thought about it but I have also had my pick with me for a long time. Yours looks much better than my does at this point...but as long as I have it I don't think I'll be buying a new one.
That's pretty funny that a $1 item as done you so much good and survived that many trips with you. I would have lost it for sure. i love your sense of humor with these self-portraits.
Cute & clever...and to think, a comb!
Great post
Jenny, that hair flipping is the funniest!
Lucky charms used to be my favorite too. I kind of went hog wild with them and Cap'n Crunch in college. Now they really don't appeal to me. I don't like creal that turns my milk a different color.
Love the pantene difference. Your hair looks so gorgeous! I might have to find me one of those combs!
That is a huge accomplishment to hold onto something for so many years! How on earth has it lasted so long and not gotten lost?? I loved it!
jenny, jenny . . .
what cracks me up about this post is that i have that SAME comb (only pink) sitting on my bathroom counter right now... lol
i've had my comb through my wedding and 2 kiddos. i know i've had mine since the late 80's. my mother ( the beautician ) never let us girls 'brush' our hair wet.
jess :-P
You are pretty funny-I must say! How do you clean that thing? It has been through a lot-has it ever fell in the toilet? I would be surpised after all of those years if it has never fallen in the toilet.
I used to eat Lucky Charms everyday-I guess those would be one of my lucky charms as well.
Glad I read your post-it made me chuckle.:)
That's amazing that you've had that comb for that long; I am quite impressed!!! Your hair flick shot is great - great photography. I love lucky charms, so do my boys, so I don't always get a lot of them. We buy them at Costco, they come with Cookie Crisp - great old school cereral - and with Trix, which only my little boys eat, but they like it for thier "bed night" snack! Works for me.
Cute hair flick. I have a pick I got in 7th grade and I still use it to part my hair. So funny.
I am loving the photo of you flipping your hair. It is interesting to see how different we all can be when it comes to feeling lucky.
Ah, my fellow Lucky Charm cereal girl! I can't believe you caught that cool picture of your hair! Loved it!
Did the charms in your cereal seem larger than 20 years ago? I couldn't even figure out what some of the shapes were -- like the candy corn looking one???
What a great memory and story behind your comb! Great post! And love the hair shot!
So cute, Jen! Loved the post - a perfect pick for your lucky charm. Great photos!
excellent! i had one of those combs in high school i think. very funny. my husband loves the lucky charms.
Post a Comment