Thursday, May 17, 2007

My Dearest Angie

In honor of Angie's birthday here are 35 Things I Love About Angie:


1. Her voice (I love her cute accent). She is 100% Texan!

2. Her favorite drink is Diet Dr. Pepper--unless at Sonic it’s Diet Coke.

Fiesta Texas 2006

3. Her olive skin. What I wouldn’t do to get that tan!

4. Her willingness and compassion to serve others.

5. She handles girls better than anyone I know. (I guess that is why she has 3)


6. She walks with me everyday rain or shine.

7. She has helped me cope through 5 years of residency both good and bad times.


8. How much she loves and adores Greg.

9. She is SUPER creative and never gives herself credit for it.

10. If I need something like cheese, flour, etc. I can call her up and she has it.

11. She has saved me more times than I can ever thank her for.

12. She treats my kids as if they were her own family.

13. She loves to shop.

Angie's fridge drawer


14. She ALWAYS has a great stash of candy.

Original Ortho Gang
Gordons, Mahalek's, Larsen's and Clouse's.


15. Our husbands work in the same field of medicine (orthopaedics).

16. I talk to her several times during the day about various things.

17. She has a nitch for cute clothes. She ALWAYS looks cute.

18. She is an awesome primary teacher and has been for over 3 years.

19. She makes me laugh (I pee on occasion) and loves to be silly.

Go Spurs!

20. She enjoys eating icecream with me.

21. She is shy, but I am glad she is outgoing to me.

22. She has a great personality and laugh.

23. In her family all of her siblings names begin with A's and mine are J's.

24. She has a great memory for faces, names, and phone numbers. If you forget she remembers!

25. She loves the temple.

26. She goes with me to Chuy's at least once a week. We are addicts together!

27. We have the same middle name Ann with different spellings.

28. She wears flip flops 10 months out of the year.

29. She has a tender heart.

30. We often finish each others sentence.

This wasn't planned

31. We wear the same things without planning.

32. She has naturally curly hair but, she straightens her hair EVERYDAY.

33. When I met Angie 5 years ago we immediately connected.

34. People continue to mix us up even if they know us! It never fails once a week I have someone call me Sister Gordon or Angie. Are we twins, sisters?? They also call Doug -Greg and vice versa. The question is whose husband are we with?? Hmmm.

35. Do we have enough photos together? I love everything about her!


Happy 35th Birthday Angie!!!

To wish Angie birthday greetings click here.


good deed: arranged a babysitter to go out for a few hours with Ang for her birthday.

25 comments:

donna said...

What a wonderful b-day post for Angie. That is so great that you have such a great best friend.:)

Mandy said...

Great post! You two really do look alike! It so wonderful to have such a great friend.

Anonymous said...

What a nice post! I love all of the pictures you have of each other-very cute!:)

Angie said...

I need a kleenex! I'm so glad you could think of 35 good things about me. 35 bad things probably wuld have been easier. hehehe Thanks for always being there when I need you. You are the best! Love ya.

becca said...

So sweet. I love hearing about your great friendship...and you do have a lot of pictures...which is GREAT!!

Tara said...

What an amazing friendship! You're so lucky to have a relationship like that!

Jill said...

It's great you have so many fun pictures of the two of you together to go with this post. You two are great friends!

Happy Birthday Angie!!

Matt said...

What a wonderful friendship you have and it's so nice when the husbands are friends too! What a sweet tribute to her and I can't believe all the pictures you two have together. So special!

Kristen said...

wonderful birthday post, you two are so much a like!
Loved it!!

Elizabeth said...

How sweet. What will you do without each other? You will have to plan lots of girl trips together after you move away from each other. I love how you are dressed the same in the older picture also of the ortho group. You both are too cute.

Bridget said...

What a nice post about such a nice person. Very fitting! Miss you all and hope you had a great day.

Anna said...

Happy Birthday Angie! Great pick of 35 things about her!

Buffy said...

You guys are too cute. Clue me in on how to have a flat stomach like you guys. And you have 4 kids?? :D You guys look great. That is awesome that you guys are such the best of friends. What are you going to do when you move? I'm already sad for you guys. Sweet tribute to Angie!

Price Cream Parlor said...

What a blessing to have found such a friend for the past five years in residency. You both are too cute!

Lucy said...

Awesome thing to do for an awesome friend! I'm glad you have each other.

michelle said...

What a wonderful post! How fun to look at all the pictures that have followed your friendship. It is such a blessing to have such a great friend.

Laurie said...

I loved that! How neat to have a friend that can say 35 things they love about them! That's awesome.

Rachel said...

WHat an awesome post! Perfect for next weeks challenge! Thanks for sharing so many fun and interseting things about a great friend! :)

Kari said...

Oh What SWEET Sentiments for such a great Friend!!

Amy said...

What a great list of things to be able to write about Angie. You two are blessed to have met eachother. Happy Birthday Angie!

Amy said...

This made me choked up to think of you two being parted when you move. Oh my. She is so dang cute & sweet. I still remember when she stocked your fridge after your AZ trip this year. Dang. That's true friendship.

SHERI said...

It's so nice to have such a close friendship with someone. Those are not so easy to come by.

Melinda said...

What a fun posts. You are really lucky to have such a great friend. Love all the photos and there is a lot!

carlo said...

wow, wow, wow. you two are a match made in heaven!! so beautiful.

love the dressing alike and the great pics.

yay for true friendship and birthday tributes!

happy birthday angie!!!!!!!

Amy W. said...

What a good friend! You will miss her when she is gone--I can't even imagine!