Dr. Lottinger, me and baby Jared
1. I got the most heart wrenching phone call from a dear friend this morning. She informed me that my o.b. that delivered Jared (in New Orleans) has severe breast cancer and will be getting a double mastectomy. She was and is one of my favorite physicians. I feel terrible and so sad for her. Those of you who know Dr. Lottinger, please keep her and her family in your prayers.
3. We bought Weston this book from the BYU bookstore. My boys both love to sing nursery songs so I couldn't resist this cute book. I never imaged it to be as big of a hit as it was. I haven't decided if it is a blessing or a curse to hear it 24/7. This has now replaced this book each night and day. The funniest thing is to hear the boys walking around singing......"follow the prophet, follow the prophet, don't go away....." instead of astray. Thank goodness it does have an off button.
4. I was so bummed yesterday (or should I say bugged) when I picked up Taylor from orchestra after school. She informed me that her violin fell off of a chair and the bridge of her instrument broke. Her teacher explained it really wasn't a big deal and is very easily replaced for about $15. Unfortunately, the repair shop told me differently and it was going to cost double that price (for a small piece of wood). I realize it was an accident and things like this happen, but seriously. **edit, I just took it in and forgot I had insurance on it--it may be free of charge or a small fee. Woo hoo!**
5. I finally broke out my scrapbook supplies and tried to get some creativity going today. I blasted the ipod and attempted looking at a few idea books. I have been putting Jared's baptism invitations off for about a month. I still am not sure if I love them, but after about 4 hours this morning I WILL have to like them. Oh, the things we do for our children...........I'll try and post them tomorrow.
blessing Thursday: knowing that Jared made the choice to be baptized and went to his interview.
blessing: having beautiful weather the boys can go out and play in.
20 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your doctor. I'll definitely remember her in my prayers.
I've never tried skiing or snowboarding because I can't stand physical pain. Thank you for reminding me of the pain - because your photos looked so fun!
I understand your annoyance at the violin thing...those are the little costs that add up, but it's not like they even bring something new or fun.
I keep forgetting to tell you that I love your 'blessings' that you are listing at the end of each post...an additional 'glance' into Jenny's world. :)
That's so sad about your doctor. She will be in my prayers.
I am excited that you are creating today. I wish I could get my bum in to gear and work on something but I am so not motivated to be creative right now. Maybe this weekend...
I have a baptism in June so thanks for reminding me about the invitations.
Let us know how those invitations turn out.
About the violin - why do kids' hobbies have to be so dang expensive, huh?!
I did a 5 for Fri post too.
Ugh...I hate violin expenses. It's always one thing after another. My son broke his good shoulder rest the other day and I had to keep reminding myself that it wasn't the violin...just the shoulder rest, but still!
I have never tried snowboarding...I'll stick with skiing. That looks hard! Glad you had fun!
I'm so sorry to hear about your doctor...it looks like you are good friends as well.
I always love your five for Friday posts.
So sorry about your Dr. I hope she is okay.
That book looks so cute!! My girls would LOVE that (just not so sure about me having to hear it ALL day...but better church songs than the other obnoxious sounds their toys make!)
So sorry about your DR!! She will be in my prayers.
Oh so sorry about Taylor's broken violin. I know how much it is to repair Violins. We have to get Emily's repaired before.
LOve your snowboarding picture.
That is what we will be doing next week :)!!!!! I hope i don't die!
So sad to hear about Dr. L. We will keep her in our prayers. We have that book too, I got it thinking we would take it to church, but it WAYYY too loud to take to church!
I love the 5 for Friday posts! I have been wanting to do them for a couple of weeks.
I would love to see the invites too!! I love anything paper related :o)
Sorry to hear about your doctor! That's never good news.
Every time we drive around with Avery's cello, I live in fear that we are going to be rear ended. And, PQ is quite interested in the cello, so I worry about her breaking it, too.
I'm sorry you are still beaten up from your snow fun! Another reason why I will remain on the ground -- I'm too wimpy!
Have fun with your creative time.
I love that you didn't give up on the snowboarding! It is hard - it takes time - I am still in the learning mode.
Sorry to hear about your Dr!
Yay You! On the baptism invites!! I'm glad the violin fix sounds like it might be free afterall!!!
So sad about your doc. What a bummer. Where was Jared born?
And so sad about the violin too! Hey, we'll fix ya up with one next year at Milano's! Ha!
Sad news about DR L. I know lots of people really liked her, I never did see her before we moved. Hope it goes well for her.
Good for you with the baptism invites! I had so much going on that Lindsey got some store bought generic invites, but I don't think she cared or noticed. I hope! :) Yours look nice from what I can see.
I hope the insurance covers the violin fix. What a bummer!
I think it is terrific that you went out and tried snowboarding. It keeps you young and hip to stretch yourself like that. Even if you can't put your pants on now!
Poor Taylor, poor violin mom. Our school has a cool insurance plan, for $5 a month they come once a week, gather the broken instruments (you know Taylor's isn't the first to fall), leave a replacement and fix the instrument for free (well and the $5 a month fee.) Totally worth it for the replacement instrument and because retrieving things shoved inside a tuba (not that it's happened here, cough, cough) is way more expensive than a violin bridge!
I am sorry about your Dr. I will add her to my payers, for sure
Good job with the invitations! It is always so rewarding to make something so special! Can't wait to see pictures.
I am so sad about you friend. THat is so heart wrenching.
You are good to make your invitations. I bought mine.
Hope you have the smallest fee for the violin!
You've got cute colors going on... I can't wait to see the finished invites.
I'm sorry to hear about your dr... very sad news.
I'm glad the violin wasn't quite as big of deal as you first thought...
I can't believe that about Dr. Lottinger. I know how much you loved her as your OB.
Bummer about Taylor's violin. Even if you do have insurance it's still a pain to have to deal with it.
I can't believe you posted a photo of you falling- where's the photos of your 5 ft Jumps!- You are so modest!
Post a Comment