Monday, January 07, 2008

Regular Scheduled Programming

views from big cottonwood canyon

What a difference a few hours makes. Just yesterday I was looking out my window at mountains covered in snow, shivering and cold. Today, well a complete different scene all together. Several tired eyes and humid temperatures just to name a few. Kelly A. said it best there really isn't anything better than "home sweat home."

last pregnant photo of Angie

The original schedules started back. 6am mornings, kids back in school, making pancakes for breakfast, lunches and homework. I took Maryn for the day since Angie had her last doctor appointment. Yes, I said last! They are supposed to induce her tomorrow morning. Since I am such a lame friend the shower will have to be afterwards. She normally doesn't allow full on body shots but I insisted. I had to document how incredibly tiny she is, so she can look back and agree with me for once!

Maryn, Weston and Luke
eating their snack after naptime

Today was also spent catching up on laundry, (now caught up!), stocking up an empty fridge, and making a dinner menu. I think today may be the first time in a week we have had a home cooked meal. And do I dare say I am looking forward to it? Stay tuned baby updates of baby M will be coming! :)

24 comments:

Ellice said...

Okay... where is Angie's belly... I don't even see one!! She is so tiny!!!

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal for you guys... sounds like you had a great trip.

Kelly said...

I had a day like that too. Just getting back on track.

Can't wait for more baby news!

donna said...

Oh my Angie is so small. I can't believe she s having her baby!!!!
Could you email me her address. I would like to mail her something.

Buffy said...

Is Angie really pregnant?? I can't even see a belly on her. What a lucky girl. I was never that lucky. Good luck Angie!! I'm looking forward to any baby news.

carlo said...

oh my goodness. i have been wondering about angie and i knew you would post so THANK YOU!

wow, is she tiny. teeny tiny.

she is lucky to have you so close.!

Amie said...

I really need things to get back to normal around here... of course that means I would have to take action. Hmmm.

I hope your good routine continues.

Melinda said...

I am sorry, but Angie does not look prego at all!!! Holy cow! THere is nothing added to that belly. Wow.

It is so good to be home and back to the normal routine. I am jeouls of your weather. We were dumbed with snow.

Jen Shumway said...

She does not look like she has a baby in there. What would that be like?? I would like to try it.

jandnrichards said...

Sounds like you had a good time. I am excited to hear more about it. I am excited for Angie you will have to update me.

Anna said...

Yeah for Angie! I can't wait to hear the baby news. They have such cute babies/kids...so no doubt this one will be just beautiful!

Natasha said...

Is Angie still wearing regular jeans, no way! She doesn't even look pregnant!
Post about the baby tomorrow and tell her we're anxiously awaiting news.

becca said...

I can't see Angie's belly?? Is she really even pregnant!?? And can I just tell you I almost started to cry when I heard that she is being induced tomorrow!!! What in the world?? She isn't due for 2 weeks??? Why is my Dr. such a freak? I was due Sunday....and I don't even have an induction date yet!? Don't get me wrong, I am so happy for Angie and can't wait to see her cute baby...but I am feeling awfully sorry for myself right now!

Kristen said...

You could have at least gotten a side view of Angie's belly...just to make me feel a little better hahaha
I'm happy for her and excited that her baby is coming on Wed. such great news!! Love the baby blanket byt the way...
Love your new look! I so wish I knew how to jazz up my blog, why can't I seem to figure that out?

Kari said...

I can't wait for baby pics!

Tasha said...

Um, it looks like Angie is wearing normal jeans? What a gal!

Elizabeth said...

Whoa, a baby tomorrow. How exciting. It is so nice to get the house back to normal after vacation.

michelle said...

It sounds like your getting things back to normal at your house! Love that feeling! Angie is so darn tiny! Good luck to her, and can't wait to see pictures!

sista # 2 said...

I hope she gets a side shot view of
her prego profile ;) That's the best! That airport weather looks
scary.yikes! ciao

Laurie said...

Sounds like today is an exciting day!

Having a home-cooked meal after a vaca is so nice.

HOpe all goes well today!

Tara said...

You should have made Angie turn to the side just so we could see some kind of bump. Exciting that your dear friend is having a baby.

It always feels good to get back into a routine after being gone.

Courtney said...

Angie does not even look like she is about to give birth - disgusting!

It's not the funnest getting back to the daily grind - but having the laundry done is very nice!

Rachel said...

Always nice to be HOME! You aren't kidding about how teeny tiny Angie is at 9 months! I looked like that at 5! Beautiful! There's nothing quite like a home cooked meal, after living on fast food and convenience foods! Enjoy getting back in the swing of things! Can't wait to hear about Angie!

Lucy said...

Very fun. Makes me want to drive up cottonwood canyon just to get that view. I'm glad your second half of your trip was so fun but that you are safely home.

Angie is tiny. I'm glad that she had a safe delivery and has a healthy baby girl. She's beautiful.

Andrea said...

She is tiny for 9 months! Where is her baby hiding in there? LOL!

Isn't it great to be back to the regular schedule again? I like it, although I don't like the homework, making lunches, and making sure everyone has their stuff together in their backpacks. But it's nice to have a normal day again.