1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? Threw 2 successful surprise parties. One for my mom who turned 50 and Doug's graduation.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I kept one, I did a good deed and documented it everyday. I will certainly make a new one, haven't thought that far yet.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? no.
4. Did anyone close to you die? no
5. What countries did you visit? sadly, none
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? Laser Hair Removal!
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Doug passing his boards (results came in October) It was a HUGE milestone for our family.
8. What was your biggest personal achievement of the year? Going to the temple 6 months in a row.
9. What was your biggest failure? giving up on not yelling after 3 weeks.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? no
11. What was the best thing you bought? A dog--he brings in a lot of fun to our house!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Doug graduated from residency in June.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Taylor in her tween moments--not ready for that yet.
14. Where did most of your money go? loans, loans and more loans.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Planning our first getaway for our anniversary. Starting a bunco group.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? Stronger, Kayne West and Beautiful Girls--Sean Kingston
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Happier, same, I would like to think we have a little more money.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Read my scriptures and said personal prayers.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Yelling, and speaking harsh words.
20. Did you fall in love in 2007? Every December all over again :)
21. What was your favorite TV program? So You Think You Can Dance and Heroes.
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? What a terrible question. No.
23. What was the best book you read? The Twilight Series and Last Harry Potter book.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? Running with my nano and the dock that Doug got me for it. I can listen to it all over the house--yay!
25. What did you want and get? My husband to get a new car. He loves his new FJ Cruiser.
26. What did you want and not get? A SLR Cannon camera
27. What was your favorite film of this year? Bourne Ultimatum and Harry Potter 5.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Went out to dinner and a movie (Hairspray) with Doug, 32.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Learning the art of self portraits. (it began back in February) What a great thing I have learned to document thanks to blogging.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Shade clothing shirts, denim capris and jeans. And workout clothes :)
31. What kept you sane? Blogging, pedicures, and great friends. The best part about all of these questions was I had my blog to look back on for documentation. How cool is that?
365th good deed: watched a movie with the kids.
Happy New Year!!
10 comments:
What a fun list and great for journaling the year!
What a great list!!!!!
I hope you had a wonderful new year day :)
How fun-love the list. I should do this. Good job on your good deeds and temple attendance. I need to work on that-sad huh? It's so hard to find the time, and I'm not an early bird and don't like to go alone-so what's a girl to do? Have a super day!
That was fun to read. You've had a good year. Hope 2008 is even better.
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! Did you guys do anything?
I agree Bourne was th best. I stayed up till 2:30 last night watching the first one,they must be good not to have me fall asleep.
i loved reading your list! and i am so impressed with your 365 days of good deeds and documentation this year. you are the only person i've ever known who has successfully stuck with a new year's resolution for a whole year!
Love your list & pics! That pedicure is too cute! You're awesome & my hero for doing your good deeds & recording them every day for the year!!!!
I think you had a pretty good year. I have to laugh at you giving up on not yelling after 3 weeks of trying, that's a rough goal for a mom of 4 to set (or a mom of 2, ha).
Yay. I did this too. I found myself kind of stuck with what I came up with for our Christmas letter, but...you're right. The blog catches it all. I think your 2007 was great. Can you imagine 2008? I'm excited!
Post a Comment